I became a climate justice activist when I discovered that resource scarcity leads to armed conflict (Darfur, for example), in which innocent people (children) are hurt. These conflicts can be stopped before they start, but only if we act now. I grew up in the wilderness of Utah and was instilled with a spiritual appreciation for nature for its own sake. I am a Co-Director of Peaceful Uprising, a nonprofit which empowers individuals to take direct action to defend a livable future; I'm a PoliSci student at the University of Utah; I host a progressive drive time FM talk show called RadioActive on KRCL 90.9 fm, and I love to walk around with my dog in the stunning Utah canyon country. I also play guitar. My weaknesses include buttery popcorn, smartphones, speed metal, cartoons and dancing to hippy jam bands. In my spare time I ... am still a climate justice activist. Or asleep.
Ash's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- How to take your dog anywhere, with the help of these 6 smartphone apps
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 9 of the most interesting inventions of 2014
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Cigarette butt recycling comes to the Big Easy
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- How much do you know about wolves? MNN quiz