I became a climate justice activist when I discovered that resource scarcity leads to armed conflict (Darfur, for example), in which innocent people (children) are hurt. These conflicts can be stopped before they start, but only if we act now. I grew up in the wilderness of Utah and was instilled with a spiritual appreciation for nature for its own sake. I am a Co-Director of Peaceful Uprising, a nonprofit which empowers individuals to take direct action to defend a livable future; I'm a PoliSci student at the University of Utah; I host a progressive drive time FM talk show called RadioActive on KRCL 90.9 fm, and I love to walk around with my dog in the stunning Utah canyon country. I also play guitar. My weaknesses include buttery popcorn, smartphones, speed metal, cartoons and dancing to hippy jam bands. In my spare time I ... am still a climate justice activist. Or asleep.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Shelter dogs find love matches on Tinder
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- How the planets got their names
- 8 things you probably didn't know about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- 6 epic holiday parade balloon fails