I became a climate justice activist when I discovered that resource scarcity leads to armed conflict (Darfur, for example), in which innocent people (children) are hurt. These conflicts can be stopped before they start, but only if we act now. I grew up in the wilderness of Utah and was instilled with a spiritual appreciation for nature for its own sake. I am a Co-Director of Peaceful Uprising, a nonprofit which empowers individuals to take direct action to defend a livable future; I'm a PoliSci student at the University of Utah; I host a progressive drive time FM talk show called RadioActive on KRCL 90.9 fm, and I love to walk around with my dog in the stunning Utah canyon country. I also play guitar. My weaknesses include buttery popcorn, smartphones, speed metal, cartoons and dancing to hippy jam bands. In my spare time I ... am still a climate justice activist. Or asleep.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Miracle Dogs' celebrates rescue dogs and their owners
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- Million-mummy cemetery unearthed in Egypt
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- How to transform your sleep with the sun
- Why a former NFL star gave up football to become a farmer
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Why we need to live with less [Infographic]
- Highliners, BASE jumpers rig massive aerial space net over Moab's red desert cliffs