I became a climate justice activist when I discovered that resource scarcity leads to armed conflict (Darfur, for example), in which innocent people (children) are hurt. These conflicts can be stopped before they start, but only if we act now. I grew up in the wilderness of Utah and was instilled with a spiritual appreciation for nature for its own sake. I am a Co-Director of Peaceful Uprising, a nonprofit which empowers individuals to take direct action to defend a livable future; I'm a PoliSci student at the University of Utah; I host a progressive drive time FM talk show called RadioActive on KRCL 90.9 fm, and I love to walk around with my dog in the stunning Utah canyon country. I also play guitar. My weaknesses include buttery popcorn, smartphones, speed metal, cartoons and dancing to hippy jam bands. In my spare time I ... am still a climate justice activist. Or asleep.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Giant cold 'bubble' discovered in our universe may finally have an explanation
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Drone flies after being installed with honeybee brain
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- Cool math trick: Converting between miles and kilometers