Amanda Cormier is a sophomore at Columbia University where she studies English literature and Russian.
Amanda spent most of her life in San Diego, Calif., and did a year of study at Middlebury College in Vermont, so she has been exposed to a wide spectrum of American environmental outlooks. She has covered environmental issues for her nationally ranked high school newspaper, The Nexus, and as an editor for The Middlebury Campus. She was a participant in the Princeton University Summer Journalism Program (and now serves as a counselor for the program) and the California Chicano News Media Association's Multi-Cultural Journalism Workshop.
She currently is the Deputy Features Editor for The Eye, the weekly culture and arts magazine of The Columbia Daily Spectator.
After graduation, Amanda plans to pursue a career that is environmentally driven, whether through journalism, advocacy for sustainable agriculture, or teaching and practicing environmental stewardship in a school or university setting.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What your feet say about your health
- The surprising health benefits of ginger
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Night skiing is even cooler if you're covered in LEDs
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- The most hated baby names in America