Amanda Cormier is a sophomore at Columbia University where she studies English literature and Russian.
Amanda spent most of her life in San Diego, Calif., and did a year of study at Middlebury College in Vermont, so she has been exposed to a wide spectrum of American environmental outlooks. She has covered environmental issues for her nationally ranked high school newspaper, The Nexus, and as an editor for The Middlebury Campus. She was a participant in the Princeton University Summer Journalism Program (and now serves as a counselor for the program) and the California Chicano News Media Association's Multi-Cultural Journalism Workshop.
She currently is the Deputy Features Editor for The Eye, the weekly culture and arts magazine of The Columbia Daily Spectator.
After graduation, Amanda plans to pursue a career that is environmentally driven, whether through journalism, advocacy for sustainable agriculture, or teaching and practicing environmental stewardship in a school or university setting.
Amanda's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- The seven stones of simpler living
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Dogs versus cats: Take the quiz!
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz