Alexandra Horst is studying physical geography with a focus on environmental issues at The University of Georgia. She enjoys learning about natural resource conservation, climate change, environmental planning and green design; local food and sustainable agriculture; and environmental sustainability, among other subjects. She reads as many environmental books and articles as possible, is a member of numerous environmental organizations (both on campus and outside of school), and is passionate about all types of environmental issues. She also loves to run, cook and travel in the national parks in her free time! Alexandra hopes to pursue a career in environmental planning.
Alexandra's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Abundant opportunities for learning and collaboration at 2014 American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting
Tue, Feb 18 2014 at 03:04 PM
Fri, Sep 06 2013 at 03:32 PM
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- How to hike with your cat
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Cold weather kills electric car range
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux