Ashley graduated magna cum laude in December 2008 with BA in ecology and environmental studies. She is passionate about wildlife and conservation of our natural resources. Her honors thesis focused on the effects of invasive bullfrogs on the dynamic landscapes of the American West. In 2008, she served as an intern at the Center for ReSource Conservation, where the Water Division educated the public on efficient residential and commericial water usage. She has worked directly with wildlife as well, serving as a volunteer and then supervisor at Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Sanctuary, where orphaned and injured animals are treated and then released back into local habitats. Additionally, she spent a summer in Costa Rica, volunteering on a rainforest conservation research project. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking in Colorado's beautiful terrain with her dogs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- What is deism?
- 11 minimalist nature photos that will leave you speechless
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The most dangerous foods for dogs
- 15 indelible images from the Refugio oil spill
- 5 brilliant mathematicians and their impact on the modern world
- What happens when you switch to only organic foods?
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?