Ashley graduated magna cum laude in December 2008 with BA in ecology and environmental studies. She is passionate about wildlife and conservation of our natural resources. Her honors thesis focused on the effects of invasive bullfrogs on the dynamic landscapes of the American West. In 2008, she served as an intern at the Center for ReSource Conservation, where the Water Division educated the public on efficient residential and commericial water usage. She has worked directly with wildlife as well, serving as a volunteer and then supervisor at Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Sanctuary, where orphaned and injured animals are treated and then released back into local habitats. Additionally, she spent a summer in Costa Rica, volunteering on a rainforest conservation research project. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking in Colorado's beautiful terrain with her dogs.
Ashley's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- If I fits, I sits: 18 photos that prove cats can get comfortable anywhere
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- 5 life lessons learned by working at McDonald's
- No roads lead to Halibut Cove
- Take a classic road trip on America's longest highway
- 16 clever uses for binder clips
- What your dog's breed says about you
- 11 photos that prove tigers have a softer side