Ashley graduated magna cum laude in December 2008 with BA in ecology and environmental studies. She is passionate about wildlife and conservation of our natural resources. Her honors thesis focused on the effects of invasive bullfrogs on the dynamic landscapes of the American West. In 2008, she served as an intern at the Center for ReSource Conservation, where the Water Division educated the public on efficient residential and commericial water usage. She has worked directly with wildlife as well, serving as a volunteer and then supervisor at Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Sanctuary, where orphaned and injured animals are treated and then released back into local habitats. Additionally, she spent a summer in Costa Rica, volunteering on a rainforest conservation research project. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking in Colorado's beautiful terrain with her dogs.
Ashley's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 11 common dietary supplements explained
- Sleek, slanted-roof cabin wants to woo new generation of California campers
- What if Raleigh and Atlanta just merged?
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 15 fascinating facts about Houdini
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 8 of the cutest toxic caterpillars