Ashleigh Lovelace is a sophomore double-majoring in English and Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky. She was named a National Silver Medalist for her fiction and poetry portfolio by the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards her senior year in high school, and currently serves as poetry chair for the UK English and Linguistics group, W.O.R.D. She is also a poetry editor for the university literary magazine, The Cat’s Figment. She was first introduced to nature during her stint as a Girl Scout and later, during her time mucking through the reclaimed wetlands of Green Bottom Wildlife Management Area in West Virginia as part of her high school AP Environmental Science class. She spends her time reading, baking, and collecting hats.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 'Game of Thrones' star Natalie Dormer's killer workout
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]
- Photos: Hyper-crowded Hong Kong apartments go up, up, up ...
- 9 of the world's smallest birds
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists