Ashleigh Lovelace is a sophomore double-majoring in English and Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky. She was named a National Silver Medalist for her fiction and poetry portfolio by the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards her senior year in high school, and currently serves as poetry chair for the UK English and Linguistics group, W.O.R.D. She is also a poetry editor for the university literary magazine, The Cat’s Figment. She was first introduced to nature during her stint as a Girl Scout and later, during her time mucking through the reclaimed wetlands of Green Bottom Wildlife Management Area in West Virginia as part of her high school AP Environmental Science class. She spends her time reading, baking, and collecting hats.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- How to give a cat a pill
- 5 ways you can help pit bulls (and 1 involves extremely cute puppy photos)
- The benefits of quitting smoking and 5 natural ways to kick the habit
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why are some people colder than others?
- Celebs embrace the power of silence for new Ebola PSA
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm
- Keep your chickens warm this winter
- How to keep squirrels out of your attic