Ashleigh Lovelace is a sophomore double-majoring in English and Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky. She was named a National Silver Medalist for her fiction and poetry portfolio by the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards her senior year in high school, and currently serves as poetry chair for the UK English and Linguistics group, W.O.R.D. She is also a poetry editor for the university literary magazine, The Cat’s Figment. She was first introduced to nature during her stint as a Girl Scout and later, during her time mucking through the reclaimed wetlands of Green Bottom Wildlife Management Area in West Virginia as part of her high school AP Environmental Science class. She spends her time reading, baking, and collecting hats.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- Crohn's disease may be caused by food additives
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.