Ashleigh Lovelace is a sophomore double-majoring in English and Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky. She was named a National Silver Medalist for her fiction and poetry portfolio by the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards her senior year in high school, and currently serves as poetry chair for the UK English and Linguistics group, W.O.R.D. She is also a poetry editor for the university literary magazine, The Cat’s Figment. She was first introduced to nature during her stint as a Girl Scout and later, during her time mucking through the reclaimed wetlands of Green Bottom Wildlife Management Area in West Virginia as part of her high school AP Environmental Science class. She spends her time reading, baking, and collecting hats.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Nature-loving pets help veteran overcome PTSD
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 114,000 pounds of trash found at uninhabited islands
- Are bread crusts more nutritious?
- 'Old Faithful' dogs get their moment in the sun
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume
- How to prevent your child being bitten by the family dog
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]