Ashleigh Lovelace is a sophomore double-majoring in English and Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky. She was named a National Silver Medalist for her fiction and poetry portfolio by the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards her senior year in high school, and currently serves as poetry chair for the UK English and Linguistics group, W.O.R.D. She is also a poetry editor for the university literary magazine, The Cat’s Figment. She was first introduced to nature during her stint as a Girl Scout and later, during her time mucking through the reclaimed wetlands of Green Bottom Wildlife Management Area in West Virginia as part of her high school AP Environmental Science class. She spends her time reading, baking, and collecting hats.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Marmot photobombs time-lapse video, licks camera
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why creative people shouldn't work 9 to 5
- 25 of the cutest bat species
- Top 10 environmental scholarships