Ashleigh Lovelace is a sophomore double-majoring in English and Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky. She was named a National Silver Medalist for her fiction and poetry portfolio by the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards her senior year in high school, and currently serves as poetry chair for the UK English and Linguistics group, W.O.R.D. She is also a poetry editor for the university literary magazine, The Cat’s Figment. She was first introduced to nature during her stint as a Girl Scout and later, during her time mucking through the reclaimed wetlands of Green Bottom Wildlife Management Area in West Virginia as part of her high school AP Environmental Science class. She spends her time reading, baking, and collecting hats.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Giant manta ray briefly dances with surprised diver
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air