Ashleigh Lovelace is a sophomore double-majoring in English and Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky. She was named a National Silver Medalist for her fiction and poetry portfolio by the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards her senior year in high school, and currently serves as poetry chair for the UK English and Linguistics group, W.O.R.D. She is also a poetry editor for the university literary magazine, The Cat’s Figment. She was first introduced to nature during her stint as a Girl Scout and later, during her time mucking through the reclaimed wetlands of Green Bottom Wildlife Management Area in West Virginia as part of her high school AP Environmental Science class. She spends her time reading, baking, and collecting hats.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guns really do change the way you think
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Drink beer. It's good for your brain
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Alpine cable car is converted into high altitude Airbnb listing
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- How often do you really need to shower?