Ashleigh Lovelace is a sophomore double-majoring in English and Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky. She was named a National Silver Medalist for her fiction and poetry portfolio by the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards her senior year in high school, and currently serves as poetry chair for the UK English and Linguistics group, W.O.R.D. She is also a poetry editor for the university literary magazine, The Cat’s Figment. She was first introduced to nature during her stint as a Girl Scout and later, during her time mucking through the reclaimed wetlands of Green Bottom Wildlife Management Area in West Virginia as part of her high school AP Environmental Science class. She spends her time reading, baking, and collecting hats.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- Shelter dogs find love matches on Tinder
- 8 things you probably didn't know about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- How the planets got their names
- 6 epic holiday parade balloon fails