Ashleigh Lovelace is a sophomore double-majoring in English and Arts Administration at the University of Kentucky. She was named a National Silver Medalist for her fiction and poetry portfolio by the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards her senior year in high school, and currently serves as poetry chair for the UK English and Linguistics group, W.O.R.D. She is also a poetry editor for the university literary magazine, The Cat’s Figment. She was first introduced to nature during her stint as a Girl Scout and later, during her time mucking through the reclaimed wetlands of Green Bottom Wildlife Management Area in West Virginia as part of her high school AP Environmental Science class. She spends her time reading, baking, and collecting hats.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Jump in the pool (and giggle uncontrollably) with 'Underwater Dogs'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Would you believe these award-winning photographs were captured with an iPhone?
- How much can a 2,000-mile hike on the Appalachian Trail change a man? Take a look
- 5 diseases more worrisome than Ebola
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 8 men taking a stand against domestic violence
- 12 fascinating facts about apes and monkeys