Born in the jungles of Luzon and raised in the neon flashing lights of Las Vegas, Aisha O'Brien has traversed the world to find truth, justice and the cosmopolitan way. In her travels she has found that generally it is not good to generalize. So she tries to find the nuances in the stories she reads and writes -- the exceptions to every rule. As a master’s student at the University of Nevada-Reno in interactive and environmental journalism, she hopes to learn and invent new ways to think about journalism -- engaging the public, using multimedia and social media and, of course, writing stories.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Guns really do change the way you think
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- 'Cinderella' tiger orphan returns to wild, meets prince
- Alpine cable car is converted into high altitude Airbnb listing
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet