Born in the jungles of Luzon and raised in the neon flashing lights of Las Vegas, Aisha O'Brien has traversed the world to find truth, justice and the cosmopolitan way. In her travels she has found that generally it is not good to generalize. So she tries to find the nuances in the stories she reads and writes -- the exceptions to every rule. As a master’s student at the University of Nevada-Reno in interactive and environmental journalism, she hopes to learn and invent new ways to think about journalism -- engaging the public, using multimedia and social media and, of course, writing stories.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 5 amazing things you probably didn't know about the Milky Way
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How to make microwave mug cake in less than 10 min.
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- How to give your pot holders a deep cleaning
- The inspiring letter carried by climber killed on Everest
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate