Born in the jungles of Luzon and raised in the neon flashing lights of Las Vegas, Aisha O'Brien has traversed the world to find truth, justice and the cosmopolitan way. In her travels she has found that generally it is not good to generalize. So she tries to find the nuances in the stories she reads and writes -- the exceptions to every rule. As a master’s student at the University of Nevada-Reno in interactive and environmental journalism, she hopes to learn and invent new ways to think about journalism -- engaging the public, using multimedia and social media and, of course, writing stories.
Aisha's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Quiet Treehouse: A sylvan escape that battles noise pollution
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 10 fruits you can grill
- 8 acts of kindness to animals that will restore your faith in humanity
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Dawn of the Planet of the Pugs?
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared