Born in the jungles of Luzon and raised in the neon flashing lights of Las Vegas, Aisha O'Brien has traversed the world to find truth, justice and the cosmopolitan way. In her travels she has found that generally it is not good to generalize. So she tries to find the nuances in the stories she reads and writes -- the exceptions to every rule. As a master’s student at the University of Nevada-Reno in interactive and environmental journalism, she hopes to learn and invent new ways to think about journalism -- engaging the public, using multimedia and social media and, of course, writing stories.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- What is mindfulness?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Living cheap is the new green
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be