Born in the jungles of Luzon and raised in the neon flashing lights of Las Vegas, Aisha O'Brien has traversed the world to find truth, justice and the cosmopolitan way. In her travels she has found that generally it is not good to generalize. So she tries to find the nuances in the stories she reads and writes -- the exceptions to every rule. As a master’s student at the University of Nevada-Reno in interactive and environmental journalism, she hopes to learn and invent new ways to think about journalism -- engaging the public, using multimedia and social media and, of course, writing stories.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- How much of the Nativity story is true?
- 7 of the best aurora borealis videos from 2014
- Angel-winged halos give blind dogs a new leash on life
- How often do you really need to shower?
- Christmas comes early with this a cappella version of 'Little Drummer Boy'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet 2014's top 10 cutest animals in science
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey