Born in the jungles of Luzon and raised in the neon flashing lights of Las Vegas, Aisha O'Brien has traversed the world to find truth, justice and the cosmopolitan way. In her travels she has found that generally it is not good to generalize. So she tries to find the nuances in the stories she reads and writes -- the exceptions to every rule. As a master’s student at the University of Nevada-Reno in interactive and environmental journalism, she hopes to learn and invent new ways to think about journalism -- engaging the public, using multimedia and social media and, of course, writing stories.
Aisha's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What do you call this baby animal?
- 15 of the most toxic places to live: Apocalypse now?
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Richard Proenneke: The man who showed us how to be alone in the wilderness
- High-tech detective work cracks mystery of Death Valley's rolling rocks