Amanda Pack graduated in May 2009 with a bachelor of arts in advertising from the University of Georgia. While pursuing a degree in the communications field, she also studied environmental health science, environmental law and natural resource conservation. She was trained extensively as a grassroots organizer by Greenpeace USA, working on two critical campaigns: Green My Apple and The Hot Seat/Global Warming campaign. She also had the privilege of lobbying Georgia Rep. John Linder in Washington, D.C., on global warming issues in 2007. Amanda is a firm believer that the state of humanity is deeply rooted in the health of the natural world, and therefore is a champion of Mother Nature. She thoroughly enjoys vegetarian fare, sustainable living and nature photography.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- We're all searching for a better chicken recipe
- Welcome to the magical world of Christmas tree worms
- Mushroom Lentil Bourguignon: Vegan recipe
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 8 breathtaking videos captured by drones
- Agriculture-minded retirement community keeps greenthumbed residents happily occupied
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]