Amanda Pack graduated in May 2009 with a bachelor of arts in advertising from the University of Georgia. While pursuing a degree in the communications field, she also studied environmental health science, environmental law and natural resource conservation. She was trained extensively as a grassroots organizer by Greenpeace USA, working on two critical campaigns: Green My Apple and The Hot Seat/Global Warming campaign. She also had the privilege of lobbying Georgia Rep. John Linder in Washington, D.C., on global warming issues in 2007. Amanda is a firm believer that the state of humanity is deeply rooted in the health of the natural world, and therefore is a champion of Mother Nature. She thoroughly enjoys vegetarian fare, sustainable living and nature photography.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Who needs an ugly Christmas sweater when you can have an ugly Christmas beard?
- 8 habits of happy people
- The best workouts for your body shape
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 amazing places to sleep before you turn 50
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 10 tips for starting a plant-based diet
- Why are my feet always cold?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion