Amanda Pack graduated in May 2009 with a bachelor of arts in advertising from the University of Georgia. While pursuing a degree in the communications field, she also studied environmental health science, environmental law and natural resource conservation. She was trained extensively as a grassroots organizer by Greenpeace USA, working on two critical campaigns: Green My Apple and The Hot Seat/Global Warming campaign. She also had the privilege of lobbying Georgia Rep. John Linder in Washington, D.C., on global warming issues in 2007. Amanda is a firm believer that the state of humanity is deeply rooted in the health of the natural world, and therefore is a champion of Mother Nature. She thoroughly enjoys vegetarian fare, sustainable living and nature photography.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Baked Polenta with Roasted Vegetables: Recipe
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- 10 things you didn't know about opossums
- What's wrong with my cookies? A troubleshooting guide
- What are the hardest languages to learn?