Amanda Pack graduated in May 2009 with a bachelor of arts in advertising from the University of Georgia. While pursuing a degree in the communications field, she also studied environmental health science, environmental law and natural resource conservation. She was trained extensively as a grassroots organizer by Greenpeace USA, working on two critical campaigns: Green My Apple and The Hot Seat/Global Warming campaign. She also had the privilege of lobbying Georgia Rep. John Linder in Washington, D.C., on global warming issues in 2007. Amanda is a firm believer that the state of humanity is deeply rooted in the health of the natural world, and therefore is a champion of Mother Nature. She thoroughly enjoys vegetarian fare, sustainable living and nature photography.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- This blind, starry-eyed owl will warm your heart
- Christmas comes early with this a cappella version of 'Little Drummer Boy'
- 13 'How did you get that?' wildlife photos from Tin Man Lee
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 9 habits that may do more harm than good
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux