Amanda Pack graduated in May 2009 with a bachelor of arts in advertising from the University of Georgia. While pursuing a degree in the communications field, she also studied environmental health science, environmental law and natural resource conservation. She was trained extensively as a grassroots organizer by Greenpeace USA, working on two critical campaigns: Green My Apple and The Hot Seat/Global Warming campaign. She also had the privilege of lobbying Georgia Rep. John Linder in Washington, D.C., on global warming issues in 2007. Amanda is a firm believer that the state of humanity is deeply rooted in the health of the natural world, and therefore is a champion of Mother Nature. She thoroughly enjoys vegetarian fare, sustainable living and nature photography.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- How to help stray animals survive the winter
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Why is it so hard to walk and not spill your coffee? Physicists have the answer
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography
- Wolf traveled more than 450 miles to Grand Canyon
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion