Amanda Pack graduated in May 2009 with a bachelor of arts in advertising from the University of Georgia. While pursuing a degree in the communications field, she also studied environmental health science, environmental law and natural resource conservation. She was trained extensively as a grassroots organizer by Greenpeace USA, working on two critical campaigns: Green My Apple and The Hot Seat/Global Warming campaign. She also had the privilege of lobbying Georgia Rep. John Linder in Washington, D.C., on global warming issues in 2007. Amanda is a firm believer that the state of humanity is deeply rooted in the health of the natural world, and therefore is a champion of Mother Nature. She thoroughly enjoys vegetarian fare, sustainable living and nature photography.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 10 false facts most people think are true
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- 21 reasons why forests are important