Amanda Pack graduated in May 2009 with a bachelor of arts in advertising from the University of Georgia. While pursuing a degree in the communications field, she also studied environmental health science, environmental law and natural resource conservation. She was trained extensively as a grassroots organizer by Greenpeace USA, working on two critical campaigns: Green My Apple and The Hot Seat/Global Warming campaign. She also had the privilege of lobbying Georgia Rep. John Linder in Washington, D.C., on global warming issues in 2007. Amanda is a firm believer that the state of humanity is deeply rooted in the health of the natural world, and therefore is a champion of Mother Nature. She thoroughly enjoys vegetarian fare, sustainable living and nature photography.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- How to make overnight oats
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- IKEA's 'Better Shelter' refugee housing units heading to Iraq
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air