Amanda Pack graduated in May 2009 with a bachelor of arts in advertising from the University of Georgia. While pursuing a degree in the communications field, she also studied environmental health science, environmental law and natural resource conservation. She was trained extensively as a grassroots organizer by Greenpeace USA, working on two critical campaigns: Green My Apple and The Hot Seat/Global Warming campaign. She also had the privilege of lobbying Georgia Rep. John Linder in Washington, D.C., on global warming issues in 2007. Amanda is a firm believer that the state of humanity is deeply rooted in the health of the natural world, and therefore is a champion of Mother Nature. She thoroughly enjoys vegetarian fare, sustainable living and nature photography.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Watch stately sandhill cranes try to walk on thin ice
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How often should you wash your towels?
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog