Arielle Segal attends the University of California-Davis. She grew up in Philadelphia and moved to Orange County in the ninth grade. Arielle is majoring in psychology. She got interested in the environmental movement in eleventh grade when a marine science teacher told her about the issues. She started to walk to school a few days a week instead of driving, and at the end of the year she cofounded her school's first Walk to School Day, a program that expanded to the entire district wide last year. Arielle's future plans include graduate school, law school, or participating in Americorp or the Peace Corp.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- Artist's mandala bowls extol magic of superfoods
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.