Arielle Segal attends the University of California-Davis. She grew up in Philadelphia and moved to Orange County in the ninth grade. Arielle is majoring in psychology. She got interested in the environmental movement in eleventh grade when a marine science teacher told her about the issues. She started to walk to school a few days a week instead of driving, and at the end of the year she cofounded her school's first Walk to School Day, a program that expanded to the entire district wide last year. Arielle's future plans include graduate school, law school, or participating in Americorp or the Peace Corp.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Giant manta ray briefly dances with surprised diver
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?