Arielle Segal attends the University of California-Davis. She grew up in Philadelphia and moved to Orange County in the ninth grade. Arielle is majoring in psychology. She got interested in the environmental movement in eleventh grade when a marine science teacher told her about the issues. She started to walk to school a few days a week instead of driving, and at the end of the year she cofounded her school's first Walk to School Day, a program that expanded to the entire district wide last year. Arielle's future plans include graduate school, law school, or participating in Americorp or the Peace Corp.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Internet emits collective 'aww' for this cat's unique face
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Kimchi: Recipe
- I heart the Fitbit Charge HR, and here's why
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Understanding types of oatmeal
- 10 Valentine's Day gift ideas for school