Arielle Segal attends the University of California-Davis. She grew up in Philadelphia and moved to Orange County in the ninth grade. Arielle is majoring in psychology. She got interested in the environmental movement in eleventh grade when a marine science teacher told her about the issues. She started to walk to school a few days a week instead of driving, and at the end of the year she cofounded her school's first Walk to School Day, a program that expanded to the entire district wide last year. Arielle's future plans include graduate school, law school, or participating in Americorp or the Peace Corp.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- Meet the coolest tiny plants in the forest
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- How to get rid of wasps naturally