Allie Taylor studies geography at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. This summer she is interning at a small farm town, working on land-use management and conservation. She hopes to continue learning about local food systems and urban agriculture. To do this, she is tending a garden plot and learning about gardening techniques from around the world.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 3 DIY wines you can make at home
- 3 recipes for homemade vegan mayonnaise
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm