Allie Taylor studies geography at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. This summer she is interning at a small farm town, working on land-use management and conservation. She hopes to continue learning about local food systems and urban agriculture. To do this, she is tending a garden plot and learning about gardening techniques from around the world.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What is freezing fog?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme