Blythe Copeland is a freelance writer living in Baltimore, Md., where she covers eco-friendly travel, endangered species and lifestyle for TreeHugger and is the managing editor of TLC's Parentables.
She believes in alternative energy, reusable everything, and wearing a sweater instead of turning up the heat, but she has a weakness for hot showers, avocados year-round, and imported wine.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.