Blythe Copeland is a freelance writer living in Baltimore, Md., where she covers eco-friendly travel, endangered species and lifestyle for TreeHugger and is the managing editor of TLC's Parentables.
She believes in alternative energy, reusable everything, and wearing a sweater instead of turning up the heat, but she has a weakness for hot showers, avocados year-round, and imported wine.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Elephant mother and calf reunite after 3 years apart
- Marmot photobombs time-lapse video, licks camera
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography
- 17 surprisingly real animals
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore