About Beth Bond, the editor of Southeast Green. Beth handles the editorial content and managing duties of the website. Beth joined Sandra because she recognized not only the power of collaborating but that combined efforts would lead to a more robust website. A Southerner herself, Bond was tired of hearing about everything "green" happening outside her native region.
Owning her own marketing company for over 15 years and working with green companies, Beth knew the story of sustainability and green resided here in the Southeast. There was just no one place to tell the cohesive story of all the things that are happening in the Southeast. Since relaunching SoutheastGreen, Bond has been establishing an even broader liaisons and partners to help continue the story of green and sustainability in the Metro Region.
Bond serves on a variety of boards and committees in the Atlanta sustainable community. They include Steering Committee for Earth Hour 08, Dogwood Alliance Festival 08, Decatur Green Fest 09, Let's Raise a Million Power Partner and is heading up Southeast Green's Green Building Symposium with Georgia Interfaith Power and Light.
Bond spent her formative years in Mobile, Alabama. She graduated from Florida StateUniversity and then served in Bouza, Niger as a Peace Corps Volunteer. She is active in her neighborhood, serves on Community Council for District 3, DeKalb County, and DeKalb County's District Attorney's Community Advisory Committee. When not working to better her community she participates in her church and otherwise can be found on the tennis courts playing in three different leagues.
Follow Beth on
Read Beth's Blogs
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- 80% of sunscreens are useless or harmful, says EWG
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How to feed the world without destroying it [Infographic]
- Does where you go to college matter?
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- 5 questions to ask before you bring chickens home