Bijaya grew up in the rural location of Lamjung, a fairly privileged area for Nepal. Despite his upbringing, Bijaya had a strong curiosity to experience life in very underprivileged areas of Nepal, so he became a volunteer science teacher at in Thulibesi upon finishing high school in 2004. This school became very inspired by his teaching efforts and has since rose to be one of much success for the region. Bijaya witnessed a new sense of inspiration infused in the people of Thulibesi since teaching there and he thought that if it only took one person to bring such a positive change, then much can be improved in Nepalese society and the world at large with many people volunteering from their hearts. Once Thulibesi had an education system that was capable of continuing to improve on its own, Bijaya decided to attend Tribhuwan University in Kathmandu and he received his BA in English Literature and Philosophy in 2008. In 2009, while serving as a guide for a trekking company in tourism throughout the Himalayas, Bijaya witnessed an extreme amount of suffering from severe financial poverty, poor sanitation, and lack of adequate education. He decided to do something about it – Third Eye Volunteer Nepal was born (in 2010 he used much money from his trekking job to create a website). He also decided to go on for further education and completed his Master’s in English Literature and Philosophy in June 2012. Since this time, Bijaya has been able to dedicate himself full time to building Third Eye Volunteer Nepal. He dreams that his country will someday be happy and much unnecessary suffering can end. Step by step, volunteer by volunteer, day by day, we can all help affect positive change.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- Crohn's disease may be caused by food additives
- Ringling Bros. circus to bid elephants adieu
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.