Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
Bonnie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Tips for cooling off this summer
- If your fridge dies, should you put frogs in your milk?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 8 acts of kindness to animals that will restore your faith in humanity
- 10 fruits you can grill
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 recipes for beets that celebrate this colorful superfood
- What's cuter than a panda on a slide? 4 of them
- How to clean brass naturally