Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- When are you supposed to tip?
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- What if we could create energy the way nature does?
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships