Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Marmot photobombs time-lapse video, licks camera
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- How to farm without a field
- 25 of the cutest bat species
- 9 ways to redesign (and rethink) retirement
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux