Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 59 ways to live a longer life
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 8 breathtaking videos captured by drones
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron