Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 things you didn't know about the autumnal equinox
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Scientists may have found link between artificial sweeteners and diabetes
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 10 cooking staples that can outlast you
- 12 recipes for coconut from breakfast to dessert
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- What's a humpback whale doing in the forest?
- This clever container home is 'unpacked' to reveal loads more living space