Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- How to make overnight oats
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How to master the art of flower photography
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?