Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Do solar panels use more energy than they generate?
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Madagascar's panther chameleon is really 11 separate species
- Egg-shaped hideaway gives whole new meaning to 'escape pod'
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 7 fictional languages from literature and film that you can learn
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate