Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
Bonnie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- 36 random animal facts that may surprise you
- Taku-Tanku: Tow this tiny portable home with a bike
- Cancer symptoms you shouldn't ignore
- 8 breathtaking garden mazes: Fun confusion
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 26 random acts of kindness to try today
- Do you know what your dreams mean?
- 5 types of toxic people to nix from your life