Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What your blood type says about you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What to pack for a hike: 10 essential items
- How a viable nuclear fusion reactor really could change the world
- Can’t afford a $250 Sonic Decanter? There are other ways to improve a bottle
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 12 recipes to elevate spinach to best-friend status
- 10 natural cough remedies
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 25 creative ways to help animal shelters