Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are you emotionally intelligent?
- Kitten found with frozen paws will make full recovery
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is exploding head syndrome?
- Bizarre lamb with human-like face born in Russia
- 13 photos of dogs that got invited to the wedding
- The long, strange history of the laugh track
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.