Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- Giant manta ray briefly dances with surprised diver
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams