Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- How the planets got their names
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- The science of being thankful
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?