Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 natural cough remedies