Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Would you believe these award-winning photographs were captured with an iPhone?
- 25 creative ways to help animal shelters
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- 5 sadly common reasons people fall out of love
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- Watch: A forest year
- 7 health benefits of pumpkin seeds
- How to clean brass naturally