Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- Planetary Society’s solar sail spacecraft sends back first data
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- Why I don't wear sunscreen
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- The most dangerous foods for dogs
- What happens when you switch to only organic foods?
- 10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries: Go figure