Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 foods to improve your mood
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- The world's happiest country in 2013 was...
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness
- Dog-friendly beaches: Coastal canines
- Can you match the footprints to the animal? MNN quiz
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 26 photos of cats sleeping wherever they want, however they want