Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to help stray animals survive the winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Why is it so hard to walk and not spill your coffee? Physicists have the answer
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography