Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 17 recipes that put your cast-iron skillet to good use
- Drone flies after being installed with honeybee brain
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- Bioluminescent fungi: 12 mushrooms that glow in the dark
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects