Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
Bonnie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 15 of the most toxic places to live: Apocalypse now?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- Richard Proenneke: The man who showed us how to be alone in the wilderness
- No descendants are left from the first Arctic Eskimos
- What do you call this baby animal?
- Would you use the Knee Defender on your next flight?
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother