Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- How fast could you travel across the U.S. in the 1800s?
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What a funky bike can teach us about how we learn
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- 9 body parts we no longer use
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth