Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bioluminescent fungi: 12 mushrooms that glow in the dark
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Stunned by Yosemite: A trip that will make you feel alive
- Everything you need to know about cast iron cookware
- Are you saucing pasta the right way?
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- Calbuco volcano erupts, creates massive ash cloud
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Matt Damon's thriller 'The Martian' to be science-heavy