Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- How to roast pumpkin seeds
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash