Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Pit bulls and babies: Photographic proof that the much-maligned pups have hearts of gold
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- The science behind the extraordinary vision of owls
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 14 vegetables you've probably never heard of: What in the world?