Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 10 natural cough remedies
- When it comes to influence, the language you speak matters