Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- This blind, starry-eyed owl will warm your heart
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Christmas comes early with this a cappella version of 'Little Drummer Boy'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Meet Honey Bee, the blind rescue cat that loves to hike
- 13 'How did you get that?' wildlife photos from Tin Man Lee
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter