Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
Bonnie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What if your morning routine could change your life?
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 14 surprising foods that contain animal products
- 5 tiny home design ideas worth stealing
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?