Bonnie, a senior at Walnut High School, is a marine biodiversity researcher at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her published research, which has been presented at international conferences, has inspired her to become an environmental activist through science and writing. As an Earthwatch Institute fellow, she conducted field study in the Brazilian Pantanal to improve conservation of endangered otters and tropical bats. Bonnie is also passionate about serving as editor-in-chief of the literary journal "Sincerely Me," developing interactive lesson plans for a sister school in rural Nepal which she initiated a link to, and rowing on a championship dragon boat team.
Bonnie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- The surprising reason hummingbirds love sweet stuff
- 36 random animal facts that may surprise you
- Take a classic road trip on America's longest highway
- Is heat trapped in the ocean responsible for the global warming 'pause'?
- 23 temples in nature: Engulfed by nature
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Why some stress is actually good for you
- How solar-equipped donkeys are changing the lives of Turkish shepherds