I'm a retired design and build guy, that studied architecture in college and ended up playing rock and roll for a living. I later became a carpenter and went on to build a construction company. I still play music and I still do hands on work in the construction industry. I'm interested in green living and live in the country with rainwater collection, composting toilets, gardens, and so forth. I moved to the country in 1999 (guess why) and love it here. I'm about 45 minutes from a major city and 30 minutes from a small city. I like to read(got interested in it late in life), I like working with electronics. I'm currently experimenting with legacy computer hardware (old, outdated equipment) and various types of Linux operating systems. I have a lot of cars and trucks. I might be a redneck. I do most of the cooking. I will iron, but I don't have too much. My standard outfit is jeans and a tee shirt. I love Crocks (the big ugly rubber shoes) I like hoppy beers. My fav at the moment is 'Longhammer'. I am a backyard theater enthusiast and have weekly movies at my house for the neighbors. I hope we all get 'greener'. peaceout, Bobtom
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Hippo's ancestor was the size of an overgrown sheep
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Stephen Hawking thinks these 3 things could destroy us
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists