I'm a retired design and build guy, that studied architecture in college and ended up playing rock and roll for a living. I later became a carpenter and went on to build a construction company. I still play music and I still do hands on work in the construction industry. I'm interested in green living and live in the country with rainwater collection, composting toilets, gardens, and so forth. I moved to the country in 1999 (guess why) and love it here. I'm about 45 minutes from a major city and 30 minutes from a small city. I like to read(got interested in it late in life), I like working with electronics. I'm currently experimenting with legacy computer hardware (old, outdated equipment) and various types of Linux operating systems. I have a lot of cars and trucks. I might be a redneck. I do most of the cooking. I will iron, but I don't have too much. My standard outfit is jeans and a tee shirt. I love Crocks (the big ugly rubber shoes) I like hoppy beers. My fav at the moment is 'Longhammer'. I am a backyard theater enthusiast and have weekly movies at my house for the neighbors. I hope we all get 'greener'. peaceout, Bobtom
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why are some polar bear populations in decline while others are stable?
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- Photographer finds radiance in wildlife of Arctic tundra
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- The ultimate sweet potato recipe roundup
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth