I live in Northern California in Humboldt County, near Humboldt Bay and Elk River. I'm a full time student at College of the Redwoods in Eureka, CA. I'm a junior and my major is Computer Support Technology. I love stand-up paddle boarding in Humboldt Bay and Elk River and hope to learn to paddle surf soon at Camel Rock or Moonstone Beach in Trinidad, CA. I love hunting wild gourmet mushrooms like hedgehogs, chanterelles and boletus. I love to cook and eat them even more. I'm into physical fitness. I love music. I recycle, compost, carry re-usable bags everywhere I go and NEVER use one use plastic bags, use an Eco-friendly water canteen, wash and re-use every piece of aluminum foil as many times as possible, same goes for all zip-lock bags. I also catch rain water on my back deck. I've only been doing these eco-friendly things for about 7 months now but I'm passionate now about doing my part and trying to help undo some of the damage that I'm responsible for causing in my past. I have vowed to never return to my wasteful and irresponsible ways of the past. I've just recently started walking or hitching to campus and driving as little as possible. Well, that's about it. Peace!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Nature-loving pets help veteran overcome PTSD
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 114,000 pounds of trash found at uninhabited islands
- 9 interesting noises from NASA's SoundCloud stream
- Are bread crusts more nutritious?
- 'Old Faithful' dogs get their moment in the sun
- 15 reasons you should adopt a cat
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume