I live in Northern California in Humboldt County, near Humboldt Bay and Elk River. I'm a full time student at College of the Redwoods in Eureka, CA. I'm a junior and my major is Computer Support Technology. I love stand-up paddle boarding in Humboldt Bay and Elk River and hope to learn to paddle surf soon at Camel Rock or Moonstone Beach in Trinidad, CA. I love hunting wild gourmet mushrooms like hedgehogs, chanterelles and boletus. I love to cook and eat them even more. I'm into physical fitness. I love music. I recycle, compost, carry re-usable bags everywhere I go and NEVER use one use plastic bags, use an Eco-friendly water canteen, wash and re-use every piece of aluminum foil as many times as possible, same goes for all zip-lock bags. I also catch rain water on my back deck. I've only been doing these eco-friendly things for about 7 months now but I'm passionate now about doing my part and trying to help undo some of the damage that I'm responsible for causing in my past. I have vowed to never return to my wasteful and irresponsible ways of the past. I've just recently started walking or hitching to campus and driving as little as possible. Well, that's about it. Peace!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 5 amazing things you probably didn't know about the Milky Way
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How to make microwave mug cake in less than 10 min.
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- How to give your pot holders a deep cleaning
- The inspiring letter carried by climber killed on Everest
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate