Carrie Madren is a freelance writer and reporter. During her four years as senior staff writer for an independent, cutting-edge newspaper in Annapolis, she crafted both fine features and pithy news briefs, covering environmental issues, sustainable living, eco-technology, energy and stories of faith. Two feature stories won first place awards from the Maryland, Delaware, D.C. Press Association. Reaching out beyond the Chesapeake region, she now freelances for a variety of publications including The Gazette, MarylandCommons.com, Bay Journal News Service, UMConnection and Maryland Life magazine to let readers know how they can make a difference.
Carrie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- If your fridge dies, should you put frogs in your milk?
- 8 acts of kindness to animals that will restore your faith in humanity
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Tips for cooling off this summer
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 fruits you can grill
- Black holes are 'portals to other universes,' according to new quantum results
- How to clean brass naturally
- 7 ways to keep squirrels from eating your tomatoes