Carrie Madren is a freelance writer and reporter. During her four years as senior staff writer for an independent, cutting-edge newspaper in Annapolis, she crafted both fine features and pithy news briefs, covering environmental issues, sustainable living, eco-technology, energy and stories of faith. Two feature stories won first place awards from the Maryland, Delaware, D.C. Press Association. Reaching out beyond the Chesapeake region, she now freelances for a variety of publications including The Gazette, MarylandCommons.com, Bay Journal News Service, UMConnection and Maryland Life magazine to let readers know how they can make a difference.
Carrie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 honey treatments for great skin and hair
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Could you survive being lost in the woods? Quiz
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion