Carrie Madren is a freelance writer and reporter. During her four years as senior staff writer for an independent, cutting-edge newspaper in Annapolis, she crafted both fine features and pithy news briefs, covering environmental issues, sustainable living, eco-technology, energy and stories of faith. Two feature stories won first place awards from the Maryland, Delaware, D.C. Press Association. Reaching out beyond the Chesapeake region, she now freelances for a variety of publications including The Gazette, MarylandCommons.com, Bay Journal News Service, UMConnection and Maryland Life magazine to let readers know how they can make a difference.
Carrie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- Take a classic road trip on America's longest highway
- 10 natural remedies using honey
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 rainy day games to play with your dog
- Who says heroes have to be human? U.S. trees save more than 850 lives a year
- 16 clever uses for binder clips
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- Older than your grandma - Animals with the longest life spans