Carrie Madren is a freelance writer and reporter. During her four years as senior staff writer for an independent, cutting-edge newspaper in Annapolis, she crafted both fine features and pithy news briefs, covering environmental issues, sustainable living, eco-technology, energy and stories of faith. Two feature stories won first place awards from the Maryland, Delaware, D.C. Press Association. Reaching out beyond the Chesapeake region, she now freelances for a variety of publications including The Gazette, MarylandCommons.com, Bay Journal News Service, UMConnection and Maryland Life magazine to let readers know how they can make a difference.
Carrie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- In West Virginia, a stunning love shack built from old windows [Video]
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- What your feet say about your health
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- 5 tiny home design ideas worth stealing
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How solar-equipped donkeys are changing the lives of Turkish shepherds
- 12 things you can do with your old shoes
- 10 natural cough remedies