Carrie Madren is a freelance writer and reporter. During her four years as senior staff writer for an independent, cutting-edge newspaper in Annapolis, she crafted both fine features and pithy news briefs, covering environmental issues, sustainable living, eco-technology, energy and stories of faith. Two feature stories won first place awards from the Maryland, Delaware, D.C. Press Association. Reaching out beyond the Chesapeake region, she now freelances for a variety of publications including The Gazette, MarylandCommons.com, Bay Journal News Service, UMConnection and Maryland Life magazine to let readers know how they can make a difference.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 'Tattoos & Rescues': Photo project demolishes 2 stereotypes at once
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- What is the skinniest state in the U.S.?
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- How to travel well when you have a 9-to-5 job
- 5 things you probably didn't know about the iris