Collin is a sustainability enthusiast living in Portland, Ore. Growing up in the mountains of Colorado, he became involved in outdoor adventures like skiing, backpacking, hiking and mountain biking from an early age. Before coming to TreeHugger, he cut his enviro-teeth at Grist and Sustainable Style Foundation, both in Seattle, Wash.
Collin is an enthusiastic cook, amateur gardener and zealous explorer of Portland's vibrant food and beverage scene. He likes to spend time outside, learn where things come from, and once made 24 pounds of cheese for a single event (but not all in one day). Collin believes everyone can do something every single day to make the world a better place.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How to hike with your cat