Ms. Donovan owns a small green, carbon neutral firm, Cest Moi Citizen Media launched in 1998, specializing in web and print graphic design, web / blog development and management services, online community and networking development, content management, and professional writing services.
Most of Ms. Donovan's freelance writing is devoted to issues of sustainable living, whole food and organic wine, human and animal rights issues, as well as issues of social justice, and national politics.
She lends her talent and creative skills to a wide variety of projects as well. She is the Director of Marketing and Business Development for a Pittsburgh based non-profit organization devoted to seeking out, promoting, and advocating for new and less visible performing artists in America. Ms. Donovan is also a Board Member and Marketing VP for Manhattan based Improbable Stage Theater Company.
She is an invited participating citizen journalist on the blogger conference call interviews hosted by the Department of Defense. Her primary political blog was a Weblog Awards finalist in its category and was twice nominated for the Blogger's Choice Awards.
Ms. Donovan will in early 2013 publicly launch the non-profit Cest Moi Citizen Movement; a muti-focus activism hub that will link activist with action across many areas of interest.
Cest Moi Citizen Movement'S PLEDGES
- I will actually use my reusable bags
- I will eat more meals at home
- I will make my home more energy-efficient
- I will read three environmentally themed books this year
- I will recycle my old electronics & not throw them away before I buy any new gadgets
- I will reduce my business-related carbon footprint by telecommuting (presented by iMeet)
- I will support my local and green businesses this year
- I will walk one place each week instead of driving there