Hi! My name is Charles Ferrer, and I am a freshman at Penn State. The study of weather has fascinated me since I was in the third grade. I was curious about how the weather impacts our community, different environments and the global climate. I was the first student in the nation to have been invited to the Bahamas Weather Conference. I am a trained spotter volunteer for the National Weather Service. In my hometown, I successfully brought the WeatherBug Achieve program to the school district. With this program, the school district purchased a state-of-the-art weather station. The weather station has been relaying invaluable weather condition data to the media, private and government sectors for almost two years now. I hope to fulfill my dreams of becoming a meteorologist and someday work for the National Weather Service. Until then, my biggest priority is to inform people of the environmental concerns that our country currently faces. Let’s begin one step, one person, one voice to make this a reality!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 25 of the cutest bat species
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- Why creative people shouldn't work 9 to 5
- 9 ways to redesign (and rethink) retirement
- How fast could you travel across the U.S. in the 1800s?
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash