Hi! My name is Charles Ferrer, and I am a freshman at Penn State. The study of weather has fascinated me since I was in the third grade. I was curious about how the weather impacts our community, different environments and the global climate. I was the first student in the nation to have been invited to the Bahamas Weather Conference. I am a trained spotter volunteer for the National Weather Service. In my hometown, I successfully brought the WeatherBug Achieve program to the school district. With this program, the school district purchased a state-of-the-art weather station. The weather station has been relaying invaluable weather condition data to the media, private and government sectors for almost two years now. I hope to fulfill my dreams of becoming a meteorologist and someday work for the National Weather Service. Until then, my biggest priority is to inform people of the environmental concerns that our country currently faces. Let’s begin one step, one person, one voice to make this a reality!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Do solar panels use more energy than they generate?
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Madagascar's panther chameleon is really 11 separate species
- Egg-shaped hideaway gives whole new meaning to 'escape pod'
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 7 fictional languages from literature and film that you can learn
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate