Hi! My name is Charles Ferrer, and I am a freshman at Penn State. The study of weather has fascinated me since I was in the third grade. I was curious about how the weather impacts our community, different environments and the global climate. I was the first student in the nation to have been invited to the Bahamas Weather Conference. I am a trained spotter volunteer for the National Weather Service. In my hometown, I successfully brought the WeatherBug Achieve program to the school district. With this program, the school district purchased a state-of-the-art weather station. The weather station has been relaying invaluable weather condition data to the media, private and government sectors for almost two years now. I hope to fulfill my dreams of becoming a meteorologist and someday work for the National Weather Service. Until then, my biggest priority is to inform people of the environmental concerns that our country currently faces. Let’s begin one step, one person, one voice to make this a reality!
Charles' MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- Want to get a serious case of happy feet? Watch this
- How solar-equipped donkeys are changing the lives of Turkish shepherds
- 9 of the most interesting inventions of 2014
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Europe is going car-free (and loving it)
- Super slow-motion video casts honeybees in new light