Hi! My name is Charles Ferrer, and I am a freshman at Penn State. The study of weather has fascinated me since I was in the third grade. I was curious about how the weather impacts our community, different environments and the global climate. I was the first student in the nation to have been invited to the Bahamas Weather Conference. I am a trained spotter volunteer for the National Weather Service. In my hometown, I successfully brought the WeatherBug Achieve program to the school district. With this program, the school district purchased a state-of-the-art weather station. The weather station has been relaying invaluable weather condition data to the media, private and government sectors for almost two years now. I hope to fulfill my dreams of becoming a meteorologist and someday work for the National Weather Service. Until then, my biggest priority is to inform people of the environmental concerns that our country currently faces. Let’s begin one step, one person, one voice to make this a reality!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Judge says banned service dog can go back to school
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 6 important things that were invented during the Middle Ages
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.