Calley Gerard is a student at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash. She is becoming more involved in the city's environmental movement and hopes to have an active roll in the changes to come. She has been fueling her passions by studying topics such as journalism, art, media studies, photography and writing. She plans to study more plant biology, specifically herbalism, and other healing practices as her education advances. She plans to use all her gifts and interests as a way to bring awareness to environmental issues and our precious Earth. Calley enjoys going for hikes in the forest, playing outside, staying healthy, cooking, reading, meditating and sharing her love with all beings.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to give a cat a pill
- Meet 7 new endangered species on the IUCN Red List
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- America's favorite place to go to the bathroom is at a botanical garden in Pennsylvania
- We've been splitting wood all wrong
- Meet Honey Bee, the blind rescue cat that loves to hike
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Why are some people colder than others?