Calley Gerard is a student at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash. She is becoming more involved in the city's environmental movement and hopes to have an active roll in the changes to come. She has been fueling her passions by studying topics such as journalism, art, media studies, photography and writing. She plans to study more plant biology, specifically herbalism, and other healing practices as her education advances. She plans to use all her gifts and interests as a way to bring awareness to environmental issues and our precious Earth. Calley enjoys going for hikes in the forest, playing outside, staying healthy, cooking, reading, meditating and sharing her love with all beings.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- I heart the Fitbit Charge HR, and here's why
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 23 surprising foods you can freeze and how to do it
- 12 health benefits of apple cider vinegar
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- The dog poem that made Johnny Carson cry
- 7 destinations for a wellness getaway: Time to really decompress
- This adorable baby squirrel is a rare species