Calley Gerard is a student at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash. She is becoming more involved in the city's environmental movement and hopes to have an active roll in the changes to come. She has been fueling her passions by studying topics such as journalism, art, media studies, photography and writing. She plans to study more plant biology, specifically herbalism, and other healing practices as her education advances. She plans to use all her gifts and interests as a way to bring awareness to environmental issues and our precious Earth. Calley enjoys going for hikes in the forest, playing outside, staying healthy, cooking, reading, meditating and sharing her love with all beings.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 12 tips for kicking the refined sugar habit
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Key ingredient in olive oil kills cancer cells
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet