Calley Gerard is a student at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash. She is becoming more involved in the city's environmental movement and hopes to have an active roll in the changes to come. She has been fueling her passions by studying topics such as journalism, art, media studies, photography and writing. She plans to study more plant biology, specifically herbalism, and other healing practices as her education advances. She plans to use all her gifts and interests as a way to bring awareness to environmental issues and our precious Earth. Calley enjoys going for hikes in the forest, playing outside, staying healthy, cooking, reading, meditating and sharing her love with all beings.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- What was the Dancing Plague of 1518?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries: Go figure