Calley Gerard is a student at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash. She is becoming more involved in the city's environmental movement and hopes to have an active roll in the changes to come. She has been fueling her passions by studying topics such as journalism, art, media studies, photography and writing. She plans to study more plant biology, specifically herbalism, and other healing practices as her education advances. She plans to use all her gifts and interests as a way to bring awareness to environmental issues and our precious Earth. Calley enjoys going for hikes in the forest, playing outside, staying healthy, cooking, reading, meditating and sharing her love with all beings.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are you emotionally intelligent?
- How to see the shortest total lunar eclipse of the century
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 13 photos of dogs that got invited to the wedding
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 8 astonishing benefits of walking
- Kitten found with frozen paws will make full recovery