Calley Gerard is a student at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash. She is becoming more involved in the city's environmental movement and hopes to have an active roll in the changes to come. She has been fueling her passions by studying topics such as journalism, art, media studies, photography and writing. She plans to study more plant biology, specifically herbalism, and other healing practices as her education advances. She plans to use all her gifts and interests as a way to bring awareness to environmental issues and our precious Earth. Calley enjoys going for hikes in the forest, playing outside, staying healthy, cooking, reading, meditating and sharing her love with all beings.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 12 inspiring examples of macro flower photography
- What your blood type says about you
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- A new Earth: 10 NASA images of planets like Earth