Calley Gerard is a student at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash. She is becoming more involved in the city's environmental movement and hopes to have an active roll in the changes to come. She has been fueling her passions by studying topics such as journalism, art, media studies, photography and writing. She plans to study more plant biology, specifically herbalism, and other healing practices as her education advances. She plans to use all her gifts and interests as a way to bring awareness to environmental issues and our precious Earth. Calley enjoys going for hikes in the forest, playing outside, staying healthy, cooking, reading, meditating and sharing her love with all beings.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- Shelter dogs find love matches on Tinder
- 8 things you probably didn't know about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- Homemade driveway deicers: We tested it
- How the planets got their names