Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Guarding the last male northern white rhino on Earth
- Trade network existed between America and Asia hundreds of years before Columbus
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 12 inspiring examples of macro flower photography
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- What is 'Mobilegeddon,' and how will it affect me?