Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- How one small town became the 'Lavender Capital of North America'
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 12 commands every dog should know
- How fast could you travel across the U.S. in the 1800s?
- What a funky bike can teach us about how we learn