Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Internet emits collective 'aww' for this cat's unique face
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Understanding types of oatmeal
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- I heart the Fitbit Charge HR, and here's why
- Can you identify the bird by its beak? Quiz
- Kimchi: Recipe