Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- 6 food companies embracing the art of storytelling
- 10 natural cough remedies
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 15 things you're doing wrong in the kitchen
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth