Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 5 surefire ways to kill a houseplant
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Weird cloud on radar maps wasn't caused by weather
- 12 recipes for beans, the super-est of superfoods
- The seven stones of simpler living
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- Why living small means living happily ever after
- Take a chance on these 8 thrilling suspension walkways
- Do foods taste the same to animals as they do to us?