Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Photo project shows men and women aging from 1-100
- 10 everyday foods to cook in a rice cooker
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Mushroom Lentil Bourguignon: Vegan recipe
- 8 breathtaking videos captured by drones
- We're all searching for a better chicken recipe
- Agriculture-minded retirement community keeps greenthumbed residents happily occupied
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Welcome to the magical world of Christmas tree worms
- 7 inventors killed by their inventions: Tragic irony