Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Mother's photos glorify a mermaid's adventures
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth