Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 15 things you're doing wrong in the kitchen
- What your sleep position says about you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Setting the record straight on 6 dog myths
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- Giant lost: World's largest earwig declared extinct
- Can brown fat help you lose weight?
- It's not just what you eat, but when
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be