Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Should you shave your pet for summer?
- 3 simple homemade toothpaste recipes
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Wild sperm whale mimics diver
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- 'Small is Beautiful' casts honest, often heartbreaking light on tiny house movement
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't