Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Watch stately sandhill cranes try to walk on thin ice
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How often should you wash your towels?
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog