Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How smart are you about crows and ravens? MNN quiz
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- What is the best way to get rid of poison ivy?
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux