Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- 12 inspiring examples of macro flower photography
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 25 of the cutest bat species
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism