Chris Baskind is a carfree advocate, a writer on simpler living and environmental issues, and an independent web publisher. In 2007, he founded Lighter Footstep, an early online voice for healthy, low-impact living. Three years later, Lighter Footstep was acquired by the Mother Nature Network. Chris is a full-time bicycle commuter — living, working, and riding in Pensacola, Florida. Follow Chris on his blog, Google+, or Twitter.
Chris' MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Sleek, slanted-roof cabin wants to woo new generation of California campers
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 8 of the cutest toxic caterpillars
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- What if Raleigh and Atlanta just merged?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- A zap to the brain can trigger a lucid dream
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Study: Abstaining from alcohol significantly shortens life