Comics A Go Go
I believe in small steps mainly because that's how I change my habits. Every so often, I hear about a great idea or think of something myself that reduces my carbon footprint and grows my sustainable lifestyle. I hate any phrase that ends with "... the environment." It creates a sense of isolation that makes nay-sayers more inclined to attack responsible living as a farce or as irrelevant. I'd prefer to use the phrase " ... us," like "choosing to recycle is good for us," or "pollution hurts us." We ARE the environment.
Incidentally, my blog is almost exclusively a humor-driven mess, but we do tackle important contemporary issues periodically. I hope messages like sustainable living and renewable energy sources seeps into the snarky pop culture commentary.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- 5 cheap ways to save 1,000 gallons of water
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- When are you supposed to tip?
- Extraordinary images from Iceland, a place of fire and ice
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth