Comics A Go Go
I believe in small steps mainly because that's how I change my habits. Every so often, I hear about a great idea or think of something myself that reduces my carbon footprint and grows my sustainable lifestyle. I hate any phrase that ends with "... the environment." It creates a sense of isolation that makes nay-sayers more inclined to attack responsible living as a farce or as irrelevant. I'd prefer to use the phrase " ... us," like "choosing to recycle is good for us," or "pollution hurts us." We ARE the environment.
Incidentally, my blog is almost exclusively a humor-driven mess, but we do tackle important contemporary issues periodically. I hope messages like sustainable living and renewable energy sources seeps into the snarky pop culture commentary.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How to travel well when you have a 9-to-5 job
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- With Solar Energy Research Center, we're one step closer to making fuel from sunlight and CO2
- Does happiness have a scent?
- Egg-shaped hideaway gives whole new meaning to 'escape pod'