Comics A Go Go
I believe in small steps mainly because that's how I change my habits. Every so often, I hear about a great idea or think of something myself that reduces my carbon footprint and grows my sustainable lifestyle. I hate any phrase that ends with "... the environment." It creates a sense of isolation that makes nay-sayers more inclined to attack responsible living as a farce or as irrelevant. I'd prefer to use the phrase " ... us," like "choosing to recycle is good for us," or "pollution hurts us." We ARE the environment.
Incidentally, my blog is almost exclusively a humor-driven mess, but we do tackle important contemporary issues periodically. I hope messages like sustainable living and renewable energy sources seeps into the snarky pop culture commentary.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 10 natural cough remedies