Comics A Go Go
I believe in small steps mainly because that's how I change my habits. Every so often, I hear about a great idea or think of something myself that reduces my carbon footprint and grows my sustainable lifestyle. I hate any phrase that ends with "... the environment." It creates a sense of isolation that makes nay-sayers more inclined to attack responsible living as a farce or as irrelevant. I'd prefer to use the phrase " ... us," like "choosing to recycle is good for us," or "pollution hurts us." We ARE the environment.
Incidentally, my blog is almost exclusively a humor-driven mess, but we do tackle important contemporary issues periodically. I hope messages like sustainable living and renewable energy sources seeps into the snarky pop culture commentary.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are you emotionally intelligent?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 13 photos of dogs that got invited to the wedding
- Kitten found with frozen paws will make full recovery
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- Is going 'off-grid' a good idea?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is exploding head syndrome?
- Bizarre lamb with human-like face born in Russia
- How to get rid of wasps naturally