Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 natural cough remedies