Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- Why are some polar bear populations in decline while others are stable?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- Photographer finds radiance in wildlife of Arctic tundra
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 6 food companies embracing the art of storytelling
- The ultimate sweet potato recipe roundup
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?