Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Nature-loving pets help veteran overcome PTSD
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 9 interesting noises from NASA's SoundCloud stream
- 15 reasons you should adopt a cat
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 'Old Faithful' dogs get their moment in the sun
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume