Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?