Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- Infographic: What's your state good at?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to hike with your cat
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 inspiring, badass women